Sunday, December 6, 2009

My sweet little angel is 2 months old!!!

Well I'm looking at the clock right now. 10pm exactly. Two months ago at this time I was sitting in my hospital bed with Raynor admiring our precious new arrival. Ever since that night my life has been like a dream I haven't wanted to wake up from. I don't remember what life was even like without her. She is like the last peice of the jigsaw puzzle that fit just perfectly into our lives.
Alexxa is doing amazing. She just shocks me every day. She has transformed from the little red faced bundle we brought home from the hospital into this very alert little person who is learning to smile and coo. Today I was on the computer and she was entertaining herself so nicely in her bobby bouncer. I had the music on and the chair also vibrates which was making the little toys move in front of her face. I looked down and she was actually batting at the toys with her little hands! Amazing! So far she has watched her mobiles and toys very intently, but she hasn't showed any interest in trying to touch them. Well today she did. She intentionally reached up and hit them. Such a small thing, yet it made me so proud! And she just loves her mommy and daddy. When she is in a full blown crying spell all it takes is for one of us to pick her up and snuggle her and she calms right down. I love being the magic woman!
Friday she has her 2 months check up. I am so excited to see how much she weighs and how much longer she is! At first there was a lot of conern about her eating habbits and she wasn't gaining weight at the rate the doctors like to see. She just didn't show much interest in eating much at all! Breastfeeding never came easy to me, and it didn't come easy to Alexxa either. We would both get so frustrated and eventually she would end up screaming her little head off and I would also be in tears. I met with the lactation nurses three times, once while we were at the hospital and twice after we had gone home. I tried pumping too and nothing was working. Finally, I had to just let go of the guilt and throw in the towel. But now that I did, Alexxa and I are both happier, and eating isn't so dramatic! She has come to LOVE her bottle! That was another saga...bottles. I swear, we must have tried every bottle on the market. For a while she liked the playtex drop ins, (although I thought they were a pain), we did Playtex Ventair, and then Avent. She seems to prefer the Avent and I definitely don't miss the extra step of having to put the liner in the bottle. The only issue I have with Avent is they are expensive and occasionally they leak. But the leaking problem can usually be solved by taking the cap off and putting it back on. Anyways, when we first started giving her formula she was barely taking 2 ounces at a time. Now she is chugging down 4 ounces like a pro! She is even getting cute little rolls on her theighs and arms! I love it!
Its unbelievable thinking that my maturnity leave is almost up at the bank :( Before you have them you think 12 weeks sounds like forever, but it really flies by. Every moment with Alexxa is amazing. Right on down to the four AM diaper changes. I just never get sick of her. Going back to work is going to be so hard, but I know I can do it. Its comforting to know it will only be temporary until Raynor gets another job. Up until now we haven't been able to come up with a plan as to what we will do about childcare. One of my best friends, Ticia is able to take her 2 days a week, but we haven't been sure about what to do the rest of the week. Last week I toured 3 daycares and they are just too expensive. So expensive that there wouldn't be a point in me even working. I think Raynor and I have come up with a pretty solid plan though. But first I have to clear it through Ticia and of course my boss. So cross your fingers for us and pray that it works out!
Anyways, I think that is about all I have to say for now. Its about time for Alexxa's bedtime bottle. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment