Thursday, June 10, 2010

Me and the Gym

I am going to be totally honest here. I hate working out. I always have. And I think it is because I am a bit of a princess. I don't like to get dirty, and I don't like to sweat...eewww. And working out involves all of that.
I am the first to whine and complain about my body. I hate what I see in the mirror and yet I don't do anything about it. And as bad as this sounds I would much rather just not eat than sweat at the gym for an hour. Thats not to say that I don't enjoy food. Late night eating is one of my biggest problems.
I've always had a fast metabolism. Up until a couple years ago I could lose 10 pound by simply living on cottage cheese and raw veggies for a few weeks. But I have come to learn that your body goes through changes as you get older (like getting pregnant and having babies) and your metabolism slows down. Gone are the days when I could just stave myself and shead inches.
Ever since Alexxa has been born I have been hating my body. Not only am I packing around some extra pounds, I have had to accept the fact that my body is now that of a woman and not a teenager. I now have hips and, well I have out grown some of my favorite tops if you know what I mean. But I have decided that I am going to embrace my new womanly body and not hate it.
So earlier this week, I put on a pair of sweats, dug my sneakers out of my closet, and threw my hair up! I grabbed my iPhone and headphones and set off for the gym! I told myself that I wasn't going to overdue it. My goal was 10 minutes on the eliptical and that was it. The first few minutes were hard, I admit but after I got into it I felt ok about it. Before I knew it my 10 minutes were up and I pushed myself 2 more minutes! I came home feeling great about myself. I went again tonight and went for 15 minutes. My goal is to do this at least 5 days a week and eventually work myself up to 30 minutes cardio and eventually add some weights. For now though, I am starting out slow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment