Monday, February 1, 2010

My first sick day as a mommy

I think one of the biggest challenges of motherhood is when your sick. You see, when your a mom you can't just lay around and be lazy and feel sorry for yourself when sick. I am a huge baby and wimp, so typically thats what I do when I don't feel well. I lay around in bed, while Raynor waits on me. I eat chicken noodle soup and catch up on all my daytime soaps. But now that I am a mommy, those days are over. Life must go on, no matter how crappy I feel.
These last few days I have had major neck and shoulder pain and I've been feeling really crappy. This morning was worse though. I woke up to Alexxa talking and cooing and being all cute in her crib. Raynor said he would go in and get her while I made her bottle. Usually when he is home, I insist on going in and getting her because shes all happy and smilily and its my favorite time of the day with her. But today because my neck has been so sore, I didn't want to lift her so I had him get her up and changed while I made the bottle. Well, let me tell ya, I made it to the kitchen, opened the cupboard to get the bottle and made a straight b-line for the bathroom. My head was spinning, and I was all of the sudden very nauseous. I've thrown up a few times, right now I feel a little better but still really tired and weak. I really don't think its the flu, its probably got something to do with my neck pain I've had. I have been taking some really strong pain killers, and I have always been sensitive to narcotic pain medication. Raynor didn't want to go to work, but he doesn't have any paid time for sick days and we really can't afford for him to take an unpaid day. I called my mom and she has meetings scheduled for the whole day at work. She said if it gets really bad to call her though, and she could leave if she HAD too.
So far today, Alexxa has been pretty good. She played on the floor this morning for a bit under her play gym. When she got tired of that she did alright in her swing, and now she is laying with me in my bed. She seems to be pretty content with me right here next to her. Soon, it will be time for her morning nap so I'm hoping she gives me a good one today.
Anyways, please keep me in your rhoughts and prayers today, its going to be tough.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Feel better Erin. I know what this is like and it completely sucks! I'm praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete