Friday, September 11, 2009

8 years later....

I remember like it was yesterday my dad coming in my room and waking me up to tell me what was happening in our country that day. At that point, we didn't know exactly what was going on. I poured a bowl of cereal and sat down in front of the TV right as the second plane hit. I remember the look on Katie Couric's face so well. I think the whole country was in shock. My parents never let us go to school that day, because they were unsure about what was going to happen.
Today, eight years later I still can't bring myself to think about anything else than that tragic day. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be there trapped in one of the towers. Or on the other plane. I can't even imagine what the people on flight 93 went through, or the bravery it must have taken to fight the hijackers and bring the plane to the ground knowing they would never see their loved ones again. I have no idea what it must have been like, to know your husband, wife, mother, brother, sister, or best friend was in one of those towers and not knowing if they would ever make it out. Seeing the TV footage of all the pictures of missing people still makes me cry.
Today our thoughts and prayers are with those brave souls that lost their lives that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment