Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I have been lucky enough and very, very blessed to have a pretty excellent pregnancy so far. I never had much morning sickness, no major problems or anything. Last night I woke up around 1am to go to the bathroom. My bathroom trips are like clockwork these days, I am usually up at 1, 3, and 5am to pee since the baby likes to lay on my bladder. So anyways after I got back into bed I started getting these awful contractions. I've had the braxton hicks (like practice contractions, but not dangerous) before, but never like this. It felt like period cramps, but like a thousand times stronger. My back was also killing me. I woke up Raynor and we started timing them. At one point they were coming back to back about 2 minutes apart. I decided that we should call the hospital. The doctor on call was really nice, and suggested to take a warm shower to relax my muscles. That certainly made me feel better, and I was able to sleep through the night until my alarm went off at 6:30am. This morning the contractions kept on coming, not quite as painful but nevertheless they were still there. I called the doctor back and this time they wanted me to come to the hospital. I left work and checked into the hospital. The doctors and nurses were super nice. They hooked my up to a fetal monitor and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat (I loved that part). The only problem was the contractions were still there and they were causing the baby to go into stress. They ran some tests to see what the chances were of me going into preterm labor. We haven't got the results back yet, but we should hear back by tomorrow. So for now, I am on bedrest at least until I can get in to see a doctor tomorrow. I am 34 weeks pregnant, but the doctor says even though in the long run the baby would be fine, they don't like to deliver this early unless it is unavoidable. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment