Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall cleaning

I guess I never realized how much I could get done if I wasn't working 9 hours a day, and 6 days a week. Last week I was just beside myself because I had no idea how I was going to get everything done before the baby comes. Raynor said that the baby won't care what our house looks like when she comes home from the hospital, but I most certainly do care. I know I will be more relaxed and at ease if everything is nicely organized and not dirty or cluttered. I didn't take any time off when we moved in here, because I was trying to save up as much vacation time as possible for when the baby comes.
I don't mind cleaning, I really dont, but when it gets on my nerves is when I simply feel I don't have the time or energy to do it. I am embarrassed to admit this, but I'm going to anyways. Our floors had not been scrubbed since we moved into this place. I vacume over them a couple times a week, but thats about it. The closets also had not been organized. We had one weekend to move in here, and I actually had to work on that Saturday. So basically we had half of a Saturday and a full day on Sunday to get in here. We lived out of boxes for months! After that I was working 6 days a week every week and by the time Sunday came it was the only day we were able to spend together and it ended up being the "catch up" day. So last week when my doctor pulled me off work, a part of me was actually relieved. I've been able to scrub my floors, organize all the closets, do all the grocery shopping and also prepare a menu for the week, so we won't have to eat out. Not to mention the baby room is all ready to go now, all we are missing is the baby. Its amazing how much better I feel now. Now the only problem will be going back to work when the time comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment