Thursday, September 10, 2009

The final stretch

So yesterday it finally occurred to me that we are in the final home stretch of this pregnancy. I don't know why that came as such a shock to me. I had a doctors appointment yesterday, and the doctor said she could easily be here within a week, if not then probably 2 weeks! I mean, I knew I was pregnant which typically results in an infant at some point. I've had the ultrasounds, I've heard the heavenly heartbeat, and I've DEFINITELY felt the acrobatics of my little sweetpea in my belly. So obviously I had to have known that this day was coming soon. Raynor and I were sitting on the couch last night, both in disbelief about how fast this whole thing has gone. It really feels to us like it was not long ago we found out we would be having a baby. We so shocked and scared, afterall we hadn't seen ourselves with children for another five years or so. But we stuck it out together and started planning our new lives as parents. It helped so much that our families have been so supportive. This will be the first grandchild on both sides, and they are so excited. My mom calls me several times a day now, just to check on me and find out if I'm having any contractions. Its so sweet that she cares so much.
It isn't that we are having second thoughts, or are not excited about this baby coming. We are seriously thrilled and so excited to finally hold her and see what she looks like. Raynor can't wait to see her in the crib he put so much time and effort into putting together. But still, last night as I was putting our stuff together to take to the hospital, I couldn't help but getting butterflies in my stomach. What will it be like when we get home? What about Raynor's job situation? Will we have enough money? These are all questions that keep running through my head. I guess I just have to trust that it will all work itself out?

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry Hon! Everything has a way of working itself out. Trust me, as someone who has been there twice now...I'm not sure how we did it, but we did and quite successfully I might add. And you will as well. Your little dumpling will be here before you know it and I can't wait to meet her. if you don't mind having visitors after you have her, Josh and I would love to come see in you in the hospital :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, that makes me feel a lot better. You and Josh seem so happy and your girls are absolutely beatiful! We would love for you guys to come see us in the hospital :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I'm glad I could put you at ease. Just txt or have Raynor txt when you had her and are ready for visitors :)

    ReplyDelete